50 Citrusy Recipes to Make When Life Gives You Lemons
Don't limit yourself to just lemonade. There are so many sweet and savory things you can do with this tangy citrus fruit!
© Saving Room for Dessert
There are a lot of things you can do with lemon, but without a doubt one of our favorites is to bake it into something warm and delicious. These buttery meltaway cookies are bite-sized perfection, just the right amount of sweet to enjoy at dessert, for an afternoon snack, or even as a sweet breakfast.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas