Moong Daal Recipe
One of the easiest and healthy snack for your tea time
- Moong Daal -1 cup
- rice - 2 tea spoon
- urad daal - 2 tea spoon
- Onions - 1/2 a big onion or 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green chili - 1 or 2 (as per your spice level) (finely chopped)
- Perungayam - 2-3 pinches
- salt - to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- curry leaves - a few (finely chopped)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak Moong daal, rice and urad daal for 2 hours.
2. Drain water completely, and keep it aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
3. In a mixer, grind them all together coarsely without adding water.
4. Add finely chopped items, salt and perungayam to the coarsely ground paste.
5.heat oil in kadai, and deep fry the pakodas untill they are golden brown.
6.Serve with your tea or as it is.
1. Keeping aside for 30 mins after draining water will help the daal to dry a little, and it will not drink much oil while frying.
2. make small sized pakodas so it will be more crunchy.
3. I didnt chop the green chilies finely, because if it is visible, then my daughter can skip it without eating, . If your kids can eat spicy, you can add finely chopped, otherwise make it to little big pieces, so while eating they can discard.
4. You can add a piece of ginger while grinding, or you can add finely chopped ginger while adding onions. This will give some extra flavor to pakodas.
You'll also love
- Simple Roasted Squash Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Mushroom soup 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Pretzels 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- CHEESE SCONES 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala 3.9/5 (69 Votes)
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!