Thiruvathirai kali...a sweet rice pudding
- Rice 1 cup
- Jaggery 1 cup
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Moong dal 1 tablespoon
- Water 3 cups
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dry roast rice and moong dal till light brown.
Grind it to a coarse mixture.
Pressure cook the mixture with 3 cups water.
To this add jaggery and cook; add ghee spoon by spoon to the mixture and finally add elachi...serve hot.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.