Indian food rut: 20 ways to make you rethink curry
Forget the usual suspects—chicken tikka masala and pork vindaloo—and update your repertoire with these 20 scintillating Indian curries.
1/20 View slideshow
Goan chicken xacuti
Originating in the Indian state of Goa, this recipe is all bout Xacuti (pronounced Shakuti)—a spice blend of freshly grated coconut, poppy seeds and large dried red chilies that binds together lamb, fish or chicken. This fragrant red gravy (fiery in appearance yet actually quite mild) is a widely accepted Portuguese rendition of a traditional dish from the western coast of India. Here's a luscious chicken recipe that does justice to this tradition of Xacuti.
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 8 hacks to save water when you're... The 10 best fruits for your figure
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chicken Quesadillas
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Comment on this article