Irish Lamb Stew
By rannou francoise
- * 2 1/4 lbs of floury potatoes
- * 1 lb. carrots
- * 1 lb. Lamb (deboned, defatted and cut into 16 pieces)
- * 1 large onion, sliced
- * 2 tbsp. chopped parsley + 1 tbs for garnish
- * 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves + 1 tsp. for garnish
- * 1 tsp. chopped chives
- * Salt and pepper
- * 2 cups of vegetable broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
Peel and wash the potatoes and carrots. Cut into slices. In a casserole dish, spread the pieces of meat, sliced potatoes, onion and carrot in layers, sprinkling each layer with parsley, thyme, chives, a little salt and pepper. Finish with a layer of potatoes.
Pour the stock over the previous mixture. Cover the dish. Bake for 2 hours: until meat and vegetables are very tender.
Raise the oven temperature to 400 ° F.
Uncover the dish. Continue cooking 20 minutes: the potatoes are nicely brown on top. Serve the stew in the pot, garnished with parsley and thyme.