Hearty main dish! Great for cold winter and fall days.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small can tomato soup
- 2 soup cans water
- 6 carrots cut into chunks
- 6 potatoes cut into 8ths
- 2 medium onions cut into 4ths
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut beef into bite size pieces. In large dutch oven melt shortening and brown beef.
Once meat is browned add salt, tomato soup, and water. Cover tightly and cook until meat is tender. Watch closely so doesn't cook dry.
Add potatoes, carrots, and onions. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and stew becomes thick.
Add water if needed when cooking meat. This is a thick stew with no broth. As the stew begins to thicken, watch closely and stir often as bottom can scorch.
You'll also love
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Grandma's Delicious Halloween... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Ground beef and pasta 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 2.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers 3.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Best Sausage Cinnamon Chili Con... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Super Easy Chili Recipe 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.