Crab & Clam Gumbo / Stew
A great meal for cold days.
- Olive oil pam spray
- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp garlic/heaping
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- rinsed & drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 2 - 6.5oz chopped clams in juice
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup milk
- 14 oz crab-meat
- rinse well
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Olive oil spray a large frying pan, and set burner to med / high heat. Next, add your onions, garlic, tomatoes, water and basil to the pan, stirring gently to mix, let sauté for 5 minutes.
Now pepper the mix lightly, and add your clams with juice, celery, milk and crab-meat to pan. Make sure you mix nicely to combine all ingredients. Bring to boil then turn heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour. Pepper your own serving to taste.
Bring to boil then turn heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour. Pepper more if you like to your own serving to taste.
If you want a bit more spice, add 1 more Tbsp of basil. I LOVE BASIL!!
You'll also love
- Irish Lamb Stew 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Goulash 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cajun Pasta 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Crab meat casserole 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Clam Linguine (Myrna) 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Fritters with Creole Sauce 4.3/5 (25 Votes)