New Orleans Jambalaya
from Auntie Gail
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 cans (1 lb ea) stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb deveined raw shrimp
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 cup celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown chicken in oil in large kettle, then remove.
Brown ham lightly in kettle.
Stir in garlic & onions, saute 5 mins.
Return chicken to kettle.
Stir in tomatoes, salt, tabasco & bay leaf.
Bring to boil. Lower heat & simmer 30 mins.
Stir in celery, rice & shrimp, simmer 30 mins.
Remove bay leaf, add parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- FARFALLE WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER... 3.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Mac N Cheese 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Red Onion 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes #1 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Spring rolls with fresh salmon and... 3.7/5 (46 Votes)
- Risotto with pumpkin and parmesan... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Parmesan 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Tom Yam Khung 4/5 (84 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Shrimp (already cooked)
Slice pepper and place slices in the toaster
Mix Tzatzíki and shrimp
Spread the mix onto the toasted pepper