This dish always reminds me of New Orleans.
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 lg hot pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 3 celery
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp spicy pepper blend seasoning
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 lg can tomatoes
- crushed with juices
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp creole hot sauce
- 2 pkg vegan chick'n strips
- 1 pkg vegan chorizo
- 2 cups rice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook rice. Saute onions and garlic until caramelized. Add celery and peppers, cook 3 minutes.
Fry chorizo and chick'n until browned.
Combine remaining ingredients, simmer until thickened.
You can make your own chorizo by combining:1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, 1/3 cup tomato paste, 3 tbsp chili sesame oil, 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp garlic, minced, 1 2/3 cups wheat gluten, 1/4 cup chickpea flour, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes,4 tbsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp chilli powder, 2 tsp chilli flakes, 3 tsp oregano,2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Mix well. Preheat oven 325*F. Make sausages, roll tightly in tin foil, and twist ends closed. Bake 1 1/2 hours until cooked through.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!