VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE FILLING
These are savoury pancakes that can be eaten for breakfast or dinner.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cilantro, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 7 mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu, cubed (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Fry tofu in sesame oil until crispy on all sides. Saute onions and mushrooms until browned, 10 min. Add remaining vegies, cook 5 min. Season to your liking.
Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a bowl. Combine all wet ingredients into a separate bowl. Stir in wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Pour batter into a hot greased pan. Fry until golden on both sides. The pancake will bubble when it is time to flip.
To serve, wrap pancake around veggies like an open burrito.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Yorkshire Pudding 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (81 Votes)
- Ramon Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Sunrise 4.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Pancakes 4.7/5 (83 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!