The Best Chocolate Bark, That is Vegan...Ever
Smooth chocolate that is good for you and the planet! Add all the dried fruit and nuts that you want! Indulge!
- One bag of vegan chocolate chips
- dark or milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- dried fruit and nuts of your choice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Tear off sections of wax paper and place on counter
Melt chips and oil in a sauce pan until smooth.
When the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour unto wax paper. Spread out with a spoon. Add your favorite toppings, I used cranberries, pistachios and sunflower seeds. Let sit until set and can break apart. Indulge!
Store in a cool place in an air tight container.
Make sure that you don't burn the chocolate by melting too fast. You can add more coconut oil to make smoother.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1118 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (927 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (351 Votes)
- Almond Joy Ice Cream 4.3/5 (184 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!