Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 package of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 separated eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 baked pastry shell
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Combine chocolate chip and milk, and place over hot water, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in vanilla and salt. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove from heat.
Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding sugar. Fold half of beaten egg whites into the chocolate mix, blending well. Then fold in the remaining whites. Pour into pastry shell and chill several hours until firm. Makes one 9 inch pie.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Fritters 2.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Banitsa 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Panna cotta with Roquefort and Figs 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Risotto with mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Magic Sticks 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!