Microwaved Chocolate Cake from my childhood
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Break chocolate into pieces in a bowl with water. Melt in microwave oven 2 min maximum power. When melted, add butter and mix.
In a bowl, work the eggs with the sugar and beat until frothy.
Stir in the flour, yeast, and the butter/chocolate mixture.
Pour into a round mold and preferably lined with parchment paper or buttered and floured.
Cook 5 minutes maximum power (switch 10) turn the pan halfway through cooking if the oven does not itself.
Let stand 3 minutes before turning, you can freeze thereafter or eat immediately adding a frosting by melting 2/3 cup of chocolate with 1 tbsp icing sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and once melted add 12 tablespoons of cream or butter and pour over the cake.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!