BREAKING: Clif Bars Recalled from USA Shelves
The affected products are sold in all 50 states.
Clif Bar & Company is initiating a voluntary recall of CLIF® BUILDER'S® Bar Chocolate Mint flavor, and CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Mint and CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Chip flavors due to possible presence of undeclared peanuts and some tree nuts, including almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts and coconuts.
Clif Bar discovered this issue when it received a small number of consumer complaints alleging peanut or tree nut allergic reactions, however there are no confirmed illnesses associated with the recall. The company is there taking the precautionary step to recall all potentially affected items.
The recalled products are sold in retail stores and online throughout the U.S. These include:
- CLIF® BUILDER'S® 18-count Variety Pack Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mint
- CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein 30-count Variety Pack
- CLIF® BUILDER'S® Chocolate Mint 12-count
- CLIF® BUILDER'S® Chocolate Mint 6-pack
- CLIF® BUILDER'S® Chocolate Mint 7-pack
- CLIF® BUILDER'S® Snack Size Chocolate Mint 200-count
- CLIF Kid ZBar® Protein Chocolate Chip 10-pack
- CLIF Kid ZBar® Protein Chocolate Chip 150-count
- CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Chip 5-pack
- CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Mint 10-pack
- CLIF Kid ZBar® Protein Chocolate Mint 150-count
- CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein Chocolate Mint 5-pack
No other Clif Bar & Company products, pack sizes, flavors or ‘Best By’ date codes are affected.
Steps To Take
The company is strongly advising consumers who have peanut and these specific tree nut allergies not to consume these bars. Individuals who are not allergic to peanuts or these specific tree nuts may safely consume the products.
The company is asking consumers to return product to the store where purchased to request an exchange or full refund if there is an allergy concern. Affected product should then be discarded in a secure place and not consumed.
For more information please visit here or contact 866-526-1970.
Click here to get all of the facts about recalls and food safety in the US.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!