Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Frosting and Chocolate Covered Kettle Chips
I love to mix salty and sweet, and I'm basically addicted to chips. This seemed like a perfect way to bring all of the most delicious things I love together!
Salty and sweet perfection! Recipe here.
- For cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For frosting:
- 2 sticks butter
- at room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp half & half
- For chips topping:
- 2 semi-sweet baking squares
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sea salt kettle chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Beat butter, water, eggs, vanilla and sugar in a bowl.
In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the wet using a hand mixer.
Line a muffin sheet with cupcake liners. Then distribute the mixture evenly among the 12 molds. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Once the muffins are finished, remove from the pan and allow to cool completely (about 20-30 minutes). While the cupcakes cool, prep the kettle chips by melting the semi-sweet baking squares with the butter in a small sauce pan, stirring frequently. Once thoroughly melted, pour over potato chips on wax paper. Place in the fridge/freezer to harden.
While the cupcakes continue to cool, prepare the peanut butter cream frosting by whipping together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, peanut butter and half & half.
If cupcakes have cooled, pipe or spread icing onto the cakes to your liking. Top with chocolate covered kettle chips, and enjoy.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1449 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1143 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (948 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.3/5 (380 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (216 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Run out of chips for the party ? Fry some pasta! Guaranteed success!
CRISPY FRIED PASTA DIPPERS
Cook bow-tie pasta for 8 minutes. Combine grated Parmesan with garlic, and Italian and curry spices.
Fry the pasta for two minutes on each side and mix into the cheese and spice combination.