Low-Carb Chocolate Cheesecake"Ice Cream" Sandwiches
Love Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Watching your carbs but still want to eat them?
I've got the solution!
These Low-Carb Chocolate Cheesecake"Ice Cream" Sandwiches are the perfect way to indulge in your cold treat without feeling the guilt.....(by the way, one BIG sandwich is only 70 calories....like wow!)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened*
- pinches of cream of tartar and orange extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 packets sweetener**
- "Ice Cream" Filling:
- 5 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened*
- a pinch of orange extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt***
- 2 packets sweetener **
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the sandwiches, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, mix the rest of the sandwich ingredients (including egg yolks) and fold gently into egg whites. Drop batter into 16 equal size amounts onto a VERY well-greased cookie sheet and bake for ~25 mins, or until just golden (***be sure to check on them after 20 mins, as these bake very quickly***).
To make the filling, combine all ingredients. When the cookies have cooled, spread filling onto the bottom side of half of the cookies. Assemble another cookie on top. Freeze sandwiches overnight. (The sandwich can be eaten right after freezing, as they are still relatively soft because they do not freeze all the way through).
*you can use regular or reduced fat cream cheese
**you can use sugar or any dry sweetener
***you can use vanilla or greek yogurt
You'll also love
- coconut pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheesecake 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
- homemade cheese cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry - Vanilla I Scream Shake 4/5 (43 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Kinder Bueno Ice Cream 4/5 (14 Votes)
- 10-Minute Layered Ice Cream Cake 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.