One of my grandmas gems
- 2 Cups of heavy cream
- 2 tbs confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
With mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream into soft peaks
add confectioners sugar and vanilla
Beat in till stiff peaks form
Transfer to piping bag fitted with star tip ( platic ziplock bag cut corner can be used)
Squeeze dollops onto parchment- lined cookie sheet
Freeze 3 hours
Can be kept in airtight container for 1 month
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Loaf 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheese Tarts 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Garlic Bread 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Ginger snaps 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ginger Snaps 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Fillet, French Toast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe