Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Discover our recipe.
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup vanilla boxed cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cake mix, and baking soda. Set aside.Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and beat on high until combined. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low-medium speed until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix on low until the add-ins are evenly disbursed. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours. Once dough has been chilled, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Scoop rounded balls of the cold dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Mine took 10 minutes exactly. The centers will still appear very soft, but the cookies will set as they cool. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- MsCarmens Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Mini Blue Berry Cheesecakes 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Kronk's Spinach Puffs (inspired by... 4/5 (41 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Haystack Cookies 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!