Kitchen HACK: Get Egg Shell out of the Bowl EASILY With This Clever Trick
There's nothing more frustrating than cracking that last egg and dropping a shard of the shell into your perfect batter... But this trick makes fishing it out EASY!
Whether you're an egg-cracking novice or one of those pros who can break two at once, shell happens. It's just unavoidable sometimes not to break off a little shard, depending on how you empty out the egg or simply how the shell happened to crack when you broke it.
You can't just bake the shell, of course, so then comes the dreaded next step...fishing out the little bits from your otherwise perfect batter. It can be so frustrating, and if the shell is especially slippery it can waste so much time!
But there's a super easy way to avoid all that hassle.
Instead of digging around the egg goop and trying to pinch onto the little shell, simply wet your finger. Then place your finger in the egg right next to the piece of shell.
Instead of darting away like it normally does at the slighest movement, it will gravitate right towards you! Plucking it out and throwing it away then becomes a cinch.
Want to learn more life-saving kitchen hacks like this? We've got 99 more waiting for you!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!