Mj's Yummy Ham & Cheese Omelet
By maryjo young
A hearty ommlet with eggs, ham, onions, peppers and cheese.
- 8-10 med. - Lg. Eggs
- 1/2 Lb. Deli ham
- 1 sm. -med. Onion
- 1 green pepper and shredded cheddar cheese. Butter or margarine. And salt and pepper to taste.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Break eggs into lg. Bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Chop onions, peppers and ham into small pieces and set aside.
Open cheese to be ready.
Place skillet or frying pan on stove and turn flame on low - med. Add 2 tbsp. Of butter or margarine to pan and melt.
When butter is melted add eggs.
Then sprinkle onions, peppers and ham throughout eggs. Then add some cheddar cheese and cover with lid and let cook 2-5 min.
Uncover and check. When the eggs look a little more than halfway cooked its time to fold the ommlet.
Place 2 spatulas together under one side of ommlet and fold over in half.
When eggs are not runny, cut the folded ommlet in half and flip each piece. Cook untill desired consistancy.
Top with more cheese and serve.
Serve with toast of choice.
You'll also love
- Egg omelet 3.4/5 (92 Votes)
- My father's Garlic Soup 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Cauliflower with Smoked Ham Petals 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- potato croquettes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!