Roquefort and Mushrooms Quiche
- 1 roll of pastry
- butter (to fry the mushrooms)
- 1 shallot
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (8 oz) Roquefort
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
-Heat oven to 400 ° F.
-Butter a pie plate, spread the dough, then put it in the refrigerator.
-Wash the mushrooms, sauté in a pan with some butter.
-Add the chopped shallot and let cool.
-Cut Roquefort into cubes.
-Break eggs into a bowl and beat them into an omelette.
-Add the cream, pepper and nutmeg.
-Sprinkle the dough with Roquefort cheese and mushrooms.
-Pour the cream and eggs and slide in the oven for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Gram's Mac & Cheese 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Amazing Potatoes 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- eggs and feta 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Salmon cakes 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Omelette with cherry tomatoes and... 3.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Gorgonzola Meatloaf 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Scallop Salad with Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Light egg-white snack 4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!