Roquefort and Mushrooms Quiche
- 1 roll of pastry
- butter (to fry the mushrooms)
- 1 shallot
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (8 oz) Roquefort
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
-Heat oven to 400 ° F.
-Butter a pie plate, spread the dough, then put it in the refrigerator.
-Wash the mushrooms, sauté in a pan with some butter.
-Add the chopped shallot and let cool.
-Cut Roquefort into cubes.
-Break eggs into a bowl and beat them into an omelette.
-Add the cream, pepper and nutmeg.
-Sprinkle the dough with Roquefort cheese and mushrooms.
-Pour the cream and eggs and slide in the oven for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!