Gram's Mac & Cheese
Homemade mac and cheese my Gram always made on the Holiday's! If I couldn't be at here house she would send me a small pan home with my Dad! This recipe has no "measurements".
- 1 bag Elbow Macaroni (large or small, your choice)
- 1 bag shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use lot's of cheese)
- Milk, enough to cover dish
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre heat oven to 350
Bring water to boil and cook macaroni until it starts to soften but not done (the least amount of time on the bag). Drain water off.
Pick your pan or baking dish (I use a deep dish to layer it up, or a cake pan), keeping in mind you will be adding milk at the end to the top.
Layer macaroni on bottom, sprinkle with cheese (lot's), layer macaroni, sprinkle lot's of cheese, and repeat until pan is full, pour on the milk and top off with more cheese!!!
At this point you can put in the oven and bake for 1 hour (top will brown). Or you can put in the fridge till later or overnight if making the next day.
I like letting the milk "settle in for a few hours in the fridge".
And this reheats really well for leftovers!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!