Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice Recipe
In these busy times, one-skillet dishes are the way to go...and this cheesy dish is a family-favorite! Plus, the kids will want to eat their veggies, because we've tucked them in to a flavorful, creamy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the soup, water, onion powder, black pepper and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
Stir in the vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
You'll also love
- Chicken Balls 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Kiev 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- CHEESY OLIVE SNACKS 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Mac & Cheese 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- chicken tenders 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Rice + ham + broccoli mix 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Mrs. Broderick’s Chicken Recipe 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mom & Pop's Creole Gumbo 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe