Homemade Mac & Cheese
- 1 quart milk (4 cups)
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp.. salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Boil pasta al dente, about 7 minutes and drain. Set aside.
Melt butter and whisk in flour - DON'T BURN!! Slowly add milk until it gets thick. Mix well.
Add cheese and mix well until melted. Sprinkle in salt to taste. Add in pasta and mix all together.
If you like a crumb topping, you can crush up some Ritz crackers and mix with a little butter and sprinkle on top of the mac and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until bread crumbs are darkened. ENJOY!!
You'll also love
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Pie 2.7/5 (131 Votes)
- My Grandmother's Mexican Supper... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Turketta Spaghetta 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Egg and Cheese Puffs 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pfun party punch 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Caesar Chicken 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesean 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!