Diana's Macaroni and Cheese
Great as a side dish for a holiday meal.
- 1 Box Elbow noodles
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bag 16 ounce Sharp Cheddar
- 1 Bag 16 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag 8 ounce Sharp Cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- garlic salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350. Cook elbow macaroni as directed.
Drain the noodles. Then stir in butter and season with the garlic salt. Once melted, add the cream cheese. Stir till melted. Then add the can of cheddar cheese.
Add two bags of cheese and stir till melted. Beat the egg and add milk to cool it down. Slowly stir it into the noodles.
Then add last bag of cheese. If it is still thick add some more milk. Once melted put it in a baking dish, cover with aluminum and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. Then take off the aluminum and cook till cheese on top is browned.
Once done, wait about 10-15 minutes before cutting in. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Roll 3.7/5 (46 Votes)
- Roasted beet with vinaigrette 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.6/5 (150 Votes)
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Mamaw Mac' Macaroni Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Brown Butter Tortellini with... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Homemade Cream Potatoes 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Mac & Cheese 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.