A cross between a tomato tart and a tomato quiche
Tomato Tart. Discover our recipe.
- 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes or 4 whole roma tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or cream
- grated cheese
- garlic powder
- 1 readymade pie dough/crust
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350F, roll out the pie dough into a mold.
Mix the eggs, milk, grated cheese and spices in a bowl with a fork, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, or the tomatoes into slices or wedges (whatever you prefer). Add them on top of the pie crust.
Pour the egg mixture on top of the tomatoes, so that they are submerged in the liquid mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tomatoes are caramelized, the egg has set and the crust is golden.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Cinnamon French toast 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Mini Homemade Cheese Pizza 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tapenade Verrine 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Tomato mozzarella toast 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.3/5 (87 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!