Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 6 large tomatoes (whatever tomatoes you prefer: beefsteak
- cherry . . .)
- 14 oz mozzarella
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt (fleur de sel)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut tomatoes into regular slices. Arrange on serving platter.
Drain the mozzarella and then cut into thin slices. Layer slices of mozzarella between each slice of tomato.
Season with a vinaigrette. Chop the basil and place on the tomatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve! It's simple and delicious.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.