Apple Gorganzala Salad (copycat recipe)
Buca di Beppo Copy cat recipe with apples, glazed walnuts and Italian vinaigrette
- Amount of ingredients depend on how many you are serving:
- Varied type of lettuce - I used Romaine lettuce only
- Granny Smith apple cut in slices
- glazed walnuts
- Gorgonzala cheese or Feta Cheese
- Home made vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper (I used black smoked black pepper butcher grind)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
To make Vinaigrette:
Place red wine vinegar, olive oil oregano, salt, black pepper, garlic dried mustard, thyme, hot pepper in blender.
Mix together in blender until smooth.
Pour into jar.
Keeps in refrigerator for 1 week.
To make salad:
Wash lettuce and arrange on plate (amount as desired).
Wash apple and slice, arrange over lettuce (use 1/2-1 apple per plate depending on taste)
Add glazed walnuts, cranberries and gorganzala cheese (amount per personal choice)
Drizzle home made vinaigrette.
You can also buy Italian vinaigrette instead of making it.
Pair salad up with some Italian bread for a perfect lunch.
Add some chicken for a great dinner.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Original Cheeseball Recipe 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Breadless Stuffing 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Gram Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Salad 3.3/5 (100 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.