Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 shallot
- salad greens
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Tartare: Peel cucumber and dice small. Peel the tomatoes, remove seeds and dice small also.
Chop shallots, add the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper. Mix half with previously cut tartare and refrigerate.
Make 4 small piles of parmesan on parchment paper. Bake a few minutes until browned. Once colored, remove from the oven and put parmesan on a rolling pin, let cool.
Season the salad greens with remaining vinaigrette.
Assemble: Place tartare in a dish, then salad greens, and top with a parmesan crisp.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Best Bloody Mary 4/5 (57 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Parm 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Jambalaya bread 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Cucumber Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Stewed guinea fowl with figs and... 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.