Pork chops and pumpkin
- Pumpkin (Two slices no thicker than a centimeter)
- Half an onion
- A pork chop per person
- 1 cup salted butter
- Balsamic Vinegar
- A handful of chopped leeks
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Using a small skillet add butter reserving 3-4 tbsps
- Let butter melt gently in a pan and add, 1 chopped shallot, a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and handful of chopped blanched leeks.
- When the butter browns slightly, remove leeks from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Start cooking the peas in a pan after making the onions. (Season) Once the peas are cooked, take an egg yolk in a bowl with a fork, mash the peas into the egg yolk to get a coherent mixture.
- Finely chop the second shallot.
- In a second skillet (preferably copper) on low heat melt the remaining butter and place the sliced pumpkin and shallots, cook until tender.
- Place the pork chops in a skillet over high heat, make sure to season the meat! When it near the end of cooking, remove and keep warm.
- At the end of cooking place a knob of butter on the leek and plate everything!
You'll also love
- Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Almond and Pumpkin Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hammy Split Pea Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tamales 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Squashed Smoothie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Fillet, French Toast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.