Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
Tasty and simple recipe specially for eggless cake eaters.
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour – Optional
- 2 Medium size ripe Banana’s – Cut into medium pieces
- ¼ Cup chopped Walnuts – You can use any other nut of choice or chocolate chips or omit this step
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence – You may use banana essence or omit this step
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 5-6 Chocolate Chip for decoration - Optional
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Note: Pre-heat the oven at 180c
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and chopped walnuts evenly – Dry Ingredients
Now in a food processor bowl, add ripe banana, oil, vanilla essence, yogurt, sugar and pulse for 2min (Or till banana’s are properly mashed and it forms a thick even paste) – Banana Paste
Now empty the thick banana paste to a large bowl and carefully fold/mix the dry ingredients until a thick smooth mixture is formed. (Please make sure there are no lumps as it may result in uneven cake texture).
Now pour the mixture into an oven dish (already buttered) and bake for 35mins at 180c. (Please keep an eye while the cake is being baked since oven settings differ)
After 35mins, take the cake out of the oven and place it on a cooling rack for 10-15min.
Cut into desired sizes and serve fresh.
For more help, please follow the link: http://easycookinwithmolly.blogspot.com/2013/10/eggless-banana-walnut-cake.html
You'll also love
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Dates ball 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Pudding Poke Cake 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Skip A Meal Banana Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Pancakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.