Oriental Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles
Perfect for potlucks.
- 2 -3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (depending on the amount of chicken you like)
- 1 head cabbage
- shredded or chopped
- 1 bunch green onion
- finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 packages Top Ramen noodles or 2 packages other ramen-type soup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare dressing and set aside.
Smash noodles of Top Ramen (discard seasoning packets) and brown over medium heat in 3 tbs oil.
Once noodles have begun to slightly brown, add slivered almonds. If you start to brown the Ramen and almonds at the same time, the almonds will burn before the Ramen browns.
Once the ramen noodles have turned a dark golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
Combine cabbage, green onions, chicken and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
Add the ramen/almond mixture and stir well.
Add dressing and stir to coat.
If it sits in the refrigerator too long, it gets very thick and won't remix well.
You'll also love
- My Mom's Noodle Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tacos (beef or chicken) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Italian Bread Bowls 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Fall Fruit Salad 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mama Jean's Lumpia Shanghai 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken and Vegetable... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.