Crockpot Chicken Burritos
The best way to make a chicken burrito!
- 3 large frozen chicken breasts
- 4 cups salsa
- 2 can black beans, drained
- Garlic Salt
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 12-24 tortillas (depends on the size)
- Fiesta blend cheese
- Guacamole (Optional)
- Foil or plastic wrap, if storing in fridge or freezer.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put chicken breasts, salsa, black beans, and seasonings in a crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours (or overnight).
After about 4 hours or so, take chicken breasts out of the crockpot and shred with a fork. It should be very easy to shred. If not, put back in crockpot for another hour or so. This can wait, if cooking overnight, and can be done in the morning.
After shredding chicken, put back in crockpot for another hour or so to get the flavor marinating throughout the chicken.
Next, make sure rice is cooked and waiting on the side.
Take entire mixture out of the crockpot and put into strainer, to get majority of excessive juices out of mixture and make it easier to work with.
Take each tortilla and center onto a piece of foil or plastic wrap. Put rice first, then some cilantro, cheese and finally the chicken mixture. Wrap burrito-style, closing both ends. Repeat wrapping with foil or plastic wrap and seal end with a small piece of tape.
These burritos can be served immediately, refrigerated, or frozen.
Serve with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.