Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless
- skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – doesn’t really add heat
- just adds more flavor)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.
Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Crockpot or stovetop- Chicken corn... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Farmhouse Sicilian Pasta With... 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Light Spice Chicken Enchiladas 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits 3/5 (17 Votes)
- bbq meatballs 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Crockpot Barbecue Pork Ribs 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Teriyaki Sesame Chicken 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.