Turmeric Chickpea Stew
This is a recipe from Clean Eating Magazine. It is very nutritious with added benefit from the anticarcinogenic effect of turmeric.
- 2 small cartons or cans coconut milk
- 1 large onion and 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 knob ginger
- peeled and grated
- 1 large sweet potato
- peeled and chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 pineapple
- cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked or BPA-free canned chickpeas
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add all ingredients except red pepper and chickpeas.
Bring to boil. Reduce and simmer for 40 minutes.
Add chickpeas and peppers and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve over brown rice or in a soup bowl.
I have substituted coconut oil with olive oil to decrease cholesterol, and I didn't have curry paste, so I just used curry powder.
You'll also love
- Karen's Swiss Steak 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Tofu Mutter 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Hummus 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Tropical Green Smoothie 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!