Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 1 lb. stew meat cubes (chuck),
- (Brown rice flour, pepper and garlic salt mix in 1 gallon bag)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 bag of frozen string beans or peas
- 1 potato, cubed
- Beef broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Coat the meat with flour mixture, then brown the beef in a pot over medium heat with olive oil and sear both sides. Add 3 cups beef broth with approx. 2 or 3 tablespoons of flour mixture to the oil that is left in the pot and simmer for 30 min (covered). Add vegetables and potato and cook until done.
You'll also love
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Crockpot Ribs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tamales 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Mom's Stew 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Stew with Potatoes 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Crayola Beans 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe