- 1 lb. stew meat cubes (chuck),
- (Brown rice flour, pepper and garlic salt mix in 1 gallon bag)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn
- 1/2 bag of frozen string beans or peas
- 1 potato, cubed
- Beef broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Coat the meat with flour mixture, then brown the beef in a pot over medium heat with olive oil and sear both sides. Add 3 cups beef broth with approx. 2 or 3 tablespoons of flour mixture to the oil that is left in the pot and simmer for 30 min (covered). Add vegetables and potato and cook until done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.