- Pork shoulder butt roast OR beef chuck (Family pk) Corn husks, Chili pods 2 pks New Mexico and 1 pk japonese and the masa from Vallarta
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Cook Meat over night so its tender and just falls apart
Boil 1 pk of chili pods with about 10 japonese and after they are soft, blend in blender till its completely mixed then add garlic to taste and water so its not too thick...then strain it .....put it in a frying pan and cook it with a little flower to make it a little thick, then add it to the meat and mix well
Let it sit wile you soak the corn husks and go to vallarta for the Masa get 10 lbs
Mix some chili in the masa to give it flavor and add some Lard to make it smoother...
Spread masa on the corn husks and add some meat in the middle of it
equal amounts of masa and meat or it won't cook right ..... it's cooked when the corn husk peels away from the masa! :)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.