Pea Ridge Caviar
From the kitchen of Kent and Libby Follette. For 3 years, I was the assistant gallery director at a wonderful pottery and fine art gallery in northern Louisiana. This recipe is from their cookbook, and we served it often during gallery events. One of my favorites!
- 1 - 24 ounce jar picante sauce
- 2 - 16 ounce cans purple hull peas, drained (when not available, substitute black-eyed peas)
- 1 - 16 ounce can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips for dipping
Chop bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, and shallots. Drain peas and corn. Stir all ingredients together. Chill 1-2 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Shrimp (already cooked)
Slice pepper and place slices in the toaster
Mix Tzatzíki and shrimp
Spread the mix onto the toasted pepper