Sweet Cherry Tomato Salsa
This salsa is sweet and spicy. It is excellent over savoury french toast or pancakes.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lg can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 green onions
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Blend cans of tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, sugar, and lime juice roughly in a food processor. Add green onion and cherry tomatoes to sauce in a bowl. Refrigerate over night to accentuate flavors.
You'll also love
- Tomato Sauce 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Mini Stuffed Mushrooms 3/5 (107 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Cherry tomatoes and caramelized... 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3/5 (142 Votes)
- caulifolwer hot wing bites 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!