Sweet Bread Machine Challah
- 1.5c water
- 3.5c plus tsp oil
- 1 egg
- 6c flour
- 3/4c sugar
- 4.5tsp yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put all wet ingredients in, followed by dry-Dry should cover wet completely.
Make a well in flour and add yeast (shouldn't touch wet ingredients).
Bread machine on dough setting.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (279 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (122 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (113 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Cake 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Choreg (Armenian Easter Bread) 4/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.