Challah. BEAUTIFUL to look at and BLESSING to eat! Discover the recipe.
- 2 eggs with enough water to fill 1 1/2 cups
- 4 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 TBL of sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 2 TBL of water
- Poppy Seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Place dough ingredients in bread machine in order listed
Use Dough setting 9, and press Start
Remove dough and place on a lightly floured surface, and punch down
Divide into 3 parts and braid
Transfer to a greased baking sheet and let rise until double the size, about 45 minutes
Sprinkle on poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 375°F
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
You'll also love
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (210 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Sweet Bread Machine Challah 3.9/5 (125 Votes)
- French toast 3.2/5 (204 Votes)
- Maxx O' Pumpkin 3.6/5 (170 Votes)
- Basic Peanut Butter Easter Egg... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!