The best yeast rolls, proofed in your bread machine
This is an old fashioned recipe for dinner rolls, easy to make and you may not want to share them!
- 1/2 c warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 3/4 c white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place ingredients in your bread machine in the order they appear, then press dough cycle.
Lightly butter a 9X13 glass baking dish
When your dough is ready, place on a floured surface and cut into 16 pieces. Roll into balls and put in the baking dish.
Melt about 2 tbsp. of butter and lightly brush the top of the dough balls.
Cover with a towel and let rise until they are about double in size and touching each other
Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 mins. until golden
When they come out of the oven, melt another 2 tbsp of butter and brush gently on the rolls. Let cool a bit on a rack and enjoy!
Always use real butter, it enhances the flavour, dont be too picky when making the dough balls, a little mishapen still tastes great!
You'll also love
- Awesome Fry Bread 3.3/5 (229 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (173 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Bread 3/5 (253 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (127 Votes)
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!