Scalloped 2 Potato Gratin
This elegant yam & potato casserole side dish is smothered with onions, creamy sauce, and a crunch topping. Just pop it in the oven and it's ready in no time.
This recipe is an easy go to Holiday recipe.
- 5 peeled white potatoes, sliced into rounds
- 2 large yams, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 2 large onions, peeled, sliced into rounds and rings separated
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix together the cream and broth.
Begin to single layer the white potatoes on the bottom of a large ungreased casserole dish. Layer on rings of onions to cover.
Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, herb and 1 tbsp. flour.
Repeat with a layer of yams, onions, seasonings, flour and herbs. Continue to finish with a layer of potatoes on top.
Evenly pour the liquid mixture over the top covering all of the potatoes/yams.
Mix together the Gratin ingredients and spoon the mixture covering the potatoes.
Bake in a preheated oven covered with foil for 30 min remove foil and continue to cook for another 15 min. approx. or until crust is golden and a knife pierces through easily.
It doesn't matter how you finish the layer of potatoes/yams the crumbs will cover all of the casserole dish.
You'll also love
- Turkey Stuffing 4.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Bread 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Hungarian Goulash 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Jamaican Curry 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Light Zucchini Gratin 3.7/5 (122 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato gratin with bacon and ham 4.1/5 (11 Votes)