Cauliflower Gratin with Bolognese Sauce
- 1 large cauliflower
- For the white sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- For the bolognese sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat Oven to 350F
Prepare the bolognese sauce: saute the chopped onions in oil then add the ground meat. Add the can of tomatoes. Add salt and pepper.
Steam cauliflower 10 minutes.
Prepare white sauce: Melt the butter gently in a saucepan. Add flour, stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Slowly add milk and beat until the mixture of milk and flour is smooth. Put the pan back on the stove until the sauce thickens. Add half the cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice. Mix well. In a dish, put the meat sauce, cauliflower, white sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
You'll also love
- Hamburger caserole 4.9/5 (56 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Stuffed Green Peppers 3.8/5 (101 Votes)
- Itailan Meatballs 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- spinach and feta casserole 2.9/5 (201 Votes)
- Mini meatloafs 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Pizza Dough 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower with foie gras 3.3/5 (153 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!