50 Italian Foods You Have To Try Before You Die
Italians' love affair with food runs deep. Whether it's a cheesy bowl of pasta, a light Caprese salad or a rich dessert, here are 50 Italian eats you have to try before you die!
© Instagram - @100ita
Piadina is a typical product of the Romagna region. It's a thin flatbread made with flour, lard (or olive oil), salt and water. Back in the day, they were cooked on traditional terracotta (clay) dishes, but now electric griddles or flat pans are more commonly used. Especially popular sold as a street food, they are stuffed with either cold cuts, cheeses and veggies, or sweet fillings such as Nutella or jam.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!