Stuffed Italian Bread
- 1 Italian loaf
- about 12 inches long
- 1 stick butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp minced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
- 12 oz grated cheese (a mix of white cheddar and monterey jack)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese.
Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Dough in Bread machine 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Sweetbreads with chanterelles and... 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Savories- Calzones 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Mozzarella Bacon Brocoli Salad 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!