Italian appetisers recipes - 6 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: bruscetta
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Top rated Italian appetisers recipes
Stuffed Italian Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 F
- 1 Italian loaf, about 12 inches long
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp minced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
- 12 oz grated cheese (a mix of white cheddar and monterey jack)
All About Rice
learn all about rice from its history to our favorite recipes
italian marinated olives
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is a great recipe for marinated olives using my favorite brand fellow sponser Penna Gourmet olives! Be sure to...
- 1 1/2 c. green olives Penna brand (preferably sm.), pitted, stuffed, or unpitted as desired
- 1 1/2 c. brine-cured black olives (Penna Brand Kalamata)
- 1/4 c. wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano or 1 tsp. crumbled, dried
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp. crumbled, dried
- 1 1/2 c.extra virgin olive oil
10 amazing ways to use leftover rice that isn't stir-fry
By Elena Salvadore
Try these 10 INCREDIBLE leftovers recipes the next time you have TOO MUCH rice on your hands.
Italian Bread Bowls
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Stir together 2 1/2 cups water and yeast in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 7 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
By Sophie Le Bot
Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients
- - 2 handfuls of arugula
- - 6 cherry tomatoes
- - 1 small piece of ricotta
- - 6 sun dried tomatoes
- - Parmesan cheese
- - A few leaves of basil
- - Coarse salt
- - 1 Green pepper
- For the dressing:
- - 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- - 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 1 teaspoon of mustard
- - 1 dash lemon juice
Cook your rice like this, and slash its calories in half
By Pascale Weeks
Find out how preparing rice a certain way can lower its glycemic index and majorly cut calories!
Italian Bakes Eggs
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
In a medium skillet, cook zucchini, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender, set aside
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup red or green sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or cooking oil
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp shredded fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped tomato (optional)
Baked stuffed Italian artichokes
These are so easy, but still have that traditional Italian flavor!
- Cleaned artichokes
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese grated and shredded
- Olive oil
- Tiny bit of vinegar
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!