Baked stuffed Italian artichokes
These are so easy, but still have that traditional Italian flavor!
- Cleaned artichokes
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese grated and shredded
- Olive oil
- Tiny bit of vinegar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 . Wash artichokes under cold water. Cut steams off making sure to keep in mind the stability of the artichoke. With a melon Baller scoop out insides being very careful to scoop out all of the choke. With a pair of scissors cut leaves and the sharp spikes on the end. Trim off any dead or split leaves.
I use a bag to mix breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt pepper, and grated cheese. Once combined. Sprinkle the cavity of each artichoke as well as each leave. Lightly drizzle some vinegar on the top of each one and about a tablespoon of olive oil on each one. Cover with grated cheese.
Put artichokes in a deep baking pan and cover. Add water, about a half an inch to bottom of pan. Cook covered for 30 minutes or till soft and tender. Can test this by poking it with a knife. If it goes and very easily it is cooked if not cook it for another 5 to 10 minutes covered.
Once artichokes cooked all the way through uncover and keep in the oven for another 10 or 15 minutes until breadcrumbs are light golden brown.
Take out of on the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!