This is a cookie that my mom used to make.
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 tsp. anise extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- walnuts or almonds (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cream sugar, butter, eggs, and extracts. Then add flour and baking powder. Knead and add nuts if you want. Roll dough into two strips (lengthwise). Cook at 350 degrees for 30- 35 min or until browned. Cool and cut into slices and return to oven to brown on each side.
You'll also love
- My Family's First Cook Book 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Fig Cookies 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Ricotta and Asiago Ravioli 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Pastry Dough 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Vanilla Wafers 2.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Calzone di Lamb 2.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy Breakfast Rolls 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.