Kitchen HACK: How To Clean Brown Stuff Off Oven Pans
All it takes is two ingredients.
Baking and roasting are two great pleasures in cooking... But cleaning up isn't. No matter how hard you scrub the sheet pan, there always seem to be brown and black leftover bits that look almost burnt on.
The good news: there's an easy way to clean sheet trays that will get rid of the brown stuff and leave them looking good as new! Here's how to do it:
- Pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1/2 cup of white vinegar, and very hot water into the pan. (If your pan fits in the sink, you can submerge it entirely)
- Let soak for 1 hour or more.
- Then, scrub away with a scouring pad. The brown bits should lift right off!
- Wash as usual and dry off.
Now your pan should look like new!
Once you realize how easy this is, you'll be roasting up vegetables and baking cookies with the carefree enthusiasm of someone with a delightful little secret.
Like this article? You should check out these 21 reasons why vinegar is the HERO you've been waiting for!
More steaming articles
3 Game Of Thrones Dishes You Need To... Box Mixes You Need To Stop Buying and... 33 Secrets That Only Pro Party Hosts...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article